Social Icons

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

2x2 Cycles - Bike Rack Review

Hello hello,

I figure I'll throw up a new review on a product I have had sitting in my garage for a few months, waiting to install on my Suzuki SV650... It is a Mountain bike rack for a motorcycle.



This will now kill 2 birds with 1 stone, I can ride my motorbike, and still go to rides... a brilliant idea.  It all started several years ago at an 8hr in Mansfield where a guy riding a Kawasaki showed up with his bike strapped to the back of it.  I've been looking for a while reading reviews, and there only seems to be a couple people making them.

I bit the bullet over the winter and ordered it up, with attachments for the Heckler, the Rocky Mountain Element, as well as the FAT BIKE... I haven't mounted the fat bike yet, but I will, the picture will look ridiculous.

Anyways, with some back and forth between myself and Garrett at 2x2 cycles, we sorted everything out, and the unit was built and shipped within 2 weeks.

The finish of the rack is great, black powdercoating, with a lot of extra mounting holes so you can adjust the rack however you want to mount it to the motorbike.  They make racks for any and every make of bikes which is great.

Installation was a breeze, as soon as I read the instructions... like everyone you have to struggle to figure it out before you read the instructions.... One note, all the allen bolts are standard and not metric, so before you try and finish assembly, make sure you have the right size allen keys...

Currently I have the bike rack fitted to the bike and it was pretty smooth to install and line up.  Mounting the mountain bike to the motor bike was easy as well.  You need to remove the front wheel from the bike, and it fits into a quick release system.  The pedal then rests in a saddle which locks into place with a quick release system as well. The front wheel then sits beside the bike, as you utilize the quick release skewer from the wheel.  Other than that, strap it down, put the flag on the back wheel and you are ready to rock and roll.  I'm planning on making it a quick release idea to remove the rack easily, so it is not on the bike at all times.



All in all, definitely worth the money to be able to ride the motorbike to events now, and still be able to ride the mountain bike!!!

Rating: 5 out of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment