Social Icons

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Beer Review: Lake of Bays Spark House Red Ale

This is the first beer review, so figure pick one that I can remember drinking from New Years Eve....

Please be aware that my reviews will be bias to what I enjoy, so really just take the below with a grain of salt and go out and try all kinds of different beers.

This beer use to be know as Rousse Ale, but has now been changed to Spark House Red Ale.   First impressions were that the box looked really nice, as I was given a box and not an opened beer.  Once I tapped into the bottle the beer reminded me very much like a Alexander Keiths Red Ale.  The Spark House seemed to be a bit smoother I found.  There was not really strong tastes, or any after taste for that mater.

I would consider this to be a good after ride beer for Spring rides.

I could go into detail on the beer's appearance, or how fizzy the beer was, but I wont, because really I dont' think that matters on whether the beer tasted good.




Below is the ratings that I would give this beer.

Would I buy a case of this beer: Yes
Did it taste good: Yes
What was your initial thought when you drank the beer: It was a really good beer, and that the other 5 in the case will go down just as smooth as the first one.
Was the beer Hoppy: The beer wasn't hoppy at all.

Score: 3.95 out of 5




No comments:

Post a Comment