Social Icons

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Beer Review: Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA





Yet again another edition of the almost semi world famous beer review.  As always this will be bias....  This edition of the beer review will cover Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA, a product of their Hopology series....  

First Impressions: At the end of the ride at Primrose, a much needed refreshing beer was in order, and this was all I had in the car so it had to do.  My first impression was that I was thirsty and needed something to drink... It hit the spot for sure.

I did not have a glass handy, drank it straight out of the bottle, so I'm not sure what the appearance of the beer was.. if it is anything like other IPAs, it probably would have a cloudy amber beer colour finish...  you can use your imagination, or buy a case and try for yourself...

This initial tasting of the beer was a good mouthful... like I said, I was thirsty after the ride... The beer was chilled, not cold, not warm, sort of in the middle of the temperature range, which to be honest I think worked better for this beer.  It kept it smooth, not too carbonated, or anything like that..

I'm not sure what I would compare this beer to. It was not as hoppy as a Boneshaker from Amsterdam, but it did have noticeable hops...  it also seemed to have a bit of a citrus taste as well.  A good after ride beer for sure. 


Would I buy a case of this beer: Yes I would... probably a 6 pack at a time though... 
Did it taste good: Yes! all beers taste good in their own way....
What was your initial thought when you drank the beer: A great way to finish off the ride by the river....
Was the beer Hoppy: There was... not a significant amount of hops, but still a good hop balance... 

Score: 4.3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment